Environmental Commitment Statement
- Seance Records Releases are now issued in gatefold card digi-sleeves to reduce the amount of plastic jewel cases used and discarded.
- The card & paper used within our CD releases is sustainably sourced with no bleaching.
- The inks are environmentally friendly soy based
- We do not use shrink wrap. Cellowrap (on digipaks only) & cello bags are biodegradable.
- We are committed to recycling and reducing waste within our office space. We recycle where possible paper, cardboard, hard plastics, bubble wrap, plastic mail satchels and soft plastics.
- We are committed to reuse where possible of envelopes, mailers and other packaging supplies.
- We donate unwanted office fixtures, supplies, displays or other reusable items to the local recycle / repair and reuse centre.
- We are currently trying to reduce the amount of plastic used where possible and reduce the use of non bio degradable packaging beans.
- All of our packaging beans are reused and the majority are biodegradable starch-based packing beans.
- We are currently implementing the use where possible of recycled and fully recyclable padded mailers.
- Phasing out the use of office supplies, materials and packing materials that are not recycled, recyclable or that may be harmful to the environment and always reassessing and auditing our practices to improve.
- We have made charitable contributions to local charities such as Ku-ring-gai Bat Conservation Society Inc, Higher Ground Raptor Centre, WIRES & other environmental charities.
- More to come
How to Recycle Packaging That You Receive
- You can reuse all kinds of packaging materials for your own mail or give them to someone that needs to post items.
- Cardboard mailers, paper envelopes, unwanted fliers & leaflets can be put straight into your paper recycling bin. You must remove the sticky tape first.
- Poly & plastic bubble mailers : Most local waste management departments will allow padded envelopes in their recyclable bins only if the envelope and the padding are made of the same material. Poly mailers are identified as recycling code 4 so check that your local waste management accepts code 4 items.
- Bubble lined mailers can be torn apart so that the paper can be recycled separately. You can reuse the bubble pouch inside or recycle that via soft plastic recycling drop off points.
- Bubble wrap can be dropped off to soft plastic recycling collection points
- Starch-based packaging beans can be dissolved in warm water, then binned, put on the garden or composted. Polystyrene packaging beans can only be recycled at select drop off points - they are problematic so best reused or avoided.
To find out more about recycling in Australia you can visit the website below, check your local council website or search recycling in your country & region
How to recycle all kinds of items including those that you cant put into your curbside bin : https://www.cleanup.org.au/recycle
The natural world has always been an important part of Black Metal in many ways both in terms of inspiration and theme. Reverence for forests, sublime awe inspiring landscapes, winter, seasons, wild life and the cosmos reoccur again and again within the genre both in terms of admiration of its beauty as well as a metaphor for a scope of human conditions and emotions. Equally within Paganism and the occult which much Black Metal is dedicated to the natural world, its seasons and creatures are revered.